Friday, January 29, 2016

Sabbath Coffee Tour: Fireroast Cafe (Minneapolis)

For my latest stop on the Sabbath Coffee Tour, I visited Fireroast Cafe in the Longfellow neighborhood of Minneapolis (38th Street and 37th Avenue).  This neighborhood shop serves beans from UP Coffee Roasters, who roast in Minneapolis.

I ordered a Miel, because I was in the mood for something warm and sweet.  I prefer this espresso based drink because it is made with honey instead of a flavoring shot. My drink was delicious, not too sweet, not at all bitter.

I was warmly greeted by the barista who offered information about the menu.  He made my drink and brought it out to my table, which is an excellent touch of hospitality. There is a bar across the front window, plenty of tables in two different spaces, and even some booth seating.  I did not notice any outlets from where I was sitting, but I wasn't looking too hard since my computer was fully charged.  There is free wifi, and the password is available on the menu board. There is plenty of on-street parking, as this is a mostly quiet area.

There is a large food menu available, including ice cream! I was at this coffee shop around lunchtime, and lots of people were ordering sandwiches and soup. There are vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options available.

I was very impressed with my miel and with the warm hospitality of this coffee shop.  It seems to be a bit loud for working, but a great place for conversation and community.

No comments: